>This is fantastic news - it is not surprising since MacOSX is basically
>FreeBSD. Could you post a short description of the tools necessary,
>since OSX is so new, few are familiar with software packages available
>and where to get them?
>
>I am buying a new iBook next week and want to install OSX straight away.
>
>many thanks,
>
>Thomas

Hi Thomas, you can found below our "recipe" for MnoGo installation on
our out of the box iMac (350 Mhz)

You can test our install at http://mno.imotep.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Enjoy
Dominique
--

Recipe for installing MnoGoSearch on OSX (this is a first draft on
this, please be indulgent whit us)

ingredients :
a Mac supporting OSX ;-) (an iMac is cool also)
Tenon iTools pkg (www.tenon.com) including Apache, wuftpd, sendmail,
mysql,          php4 etc
gcc for compilation
shell tcsh for some commands

MnoGoSearch installation for OSX. (with iTools 6.02 Tenon Apache)

MnoGoSearch Version : 3.1.12 - Platform : OSX 10.0.0

In first install theses pkg on a fresh machine with OSX

- Install iTools 6.02 (www.tenon.com) + MySQL package 3.23 (the Tenon pkg)

- Untar.

- install iTools and configure your DNS, VHost, and a cgi-bin with
appropriate rights 0755 in wuftpd (ftpaccess) for cgi's.

- Compile MnoGoSearch with gcc and MnoGo instructions (you've got
normally one warning)

- install MnoGo

- Modify 'configure' file of MySQL :

search for 'mysql.h'
add the lines below
elif test -f /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql.h; then
MYSQL_INCDIR=/usr/local/mysql/include
MYSQL_LIBDIR=/usr/local/mysql/lib

- Then open tcsh (this is for a french install :-) :

                  su
                  cd ~/openup/../mnogoxxxx
                  ./configure --with-mysql
                  ./make
                  ./make install
                  cd /usr/local/mysql/bin
                  ./mysqladmin -p (choose passw for mysql root)
                  ./mysqladmin create mngosearch
                  ./mysql mngosearch < ...../create/mysql/create.txt
                  ./mysql mngosearch < ...../create/stopwords/stop.fr.txt

- Finally

- Duplicate  '-dist' files of /usr/local/mngosearch and delete -dist extension.
- Configure now theses files at your convenience.
- Copy bin/search.cgi into you virtualHost (apache) cgi-bin folder
- put 0755 rights on it
- Launch sbin/indexer
- wait... (depend on the number of url's you crawl)
- when finished go with browser at http://yourhost/cgi-bin/search.cgi
and testing a lot

(*) Note about iTools Family Product :

Using Apple's bundled Apache as a point-of-departure, Tenon's iTools
extends this
underlying server platform with a point-and-click interface and a
rich set of new
features. Included with iTools, in addition to extensions and
enhancements to the
Mac OS X Apache web server, are a powerful WEBmail server, a state-of-the-art
domain name server, a multihoming FTP server, a robust SSL encryption engine
to support eCommerce, a powerful caching engine with state-of-the-art proxy
support, and a Sherlock-savvy search engine. All of the tools are
supported using a
secure point-and-click browser-based administration tool.

Dominique Chiron - iMotep
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]