Author: Steve
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
While testing the Perl frontend I've run into two issues:

[1] The results appear to be returned basically with the order reversed compared to
the C CGI (search.cgi). In addition, the top (#1) result returned by the C CGI is
returned as the 17th result by the Perl frontend in my test?? (I performed the same
query with both the standard C CGI and the Perl frontend, which returned 27 results: #
1 on C interface was # 17 on Perl, # 2 on C was # 27 on perl, # 3 on C was # 26 on
perl, and so on...) Does anyone have any comments regarding this behaviour??

[2] So far I can only get the results returned in the URL only output format with the
Perl frontend. The C frontend returns in the long format and both frontend are using
the same search.htm template file (perhaps I'm doing something wrong or have missed a
config option)?

Is the PHP frontend preferred over the Perl frontend for some reason? It would be
difficult for me to recompile the PHP interpreter to include mnoGo support, which is
why I find the Perl frontend attractive.

Thanks!

Reply: <http://search.mnogo.ru/board/message.php?id=2180>