Author: mike jaffa
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
I have read your manuals and asked a few people on the board but I cant quite
understand the logic, I would appreciate it if you could answer my queries.

1)Mnogosearch seems to recognise the char set of indexed pages with out using the
'Localcharset' flag in indexer.  What is the point of the 'Localcharset' flag then?

2)If the answer to the above is 'it converts everything to that char set in the db'.
How can mnogo change (eg) greek charset to latin charset, changing a greek word to
latin characters would benefit no one.  How can this be done and understood when
searched upon.

3)Why does the indexer automatically recognise the 'charset' but not recognise the
'lang'.  Do you need a special flag in indexer, because i cant seem to find it?

WIth much thanks
Mike

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=3352>