Author: Alex Barkov
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
> Why though does the indexer not recognise the language even though it recognises the
>charset.  I have read the documentation and found nothing which tells me how to
>switch language detection on.
>
> I assume it is automatic but it does not work.

Well. Language is detected in this order:

1. HTTP header Content-Language
2. META tag Content-Language
3. Language/charset guesser if it is active.
Check that your server provides an information about language
in either HTTP headers or META tags. Check that language/charset
guesser is working, i.e. you load language maps using LangMap
indexer.conf command.

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=3375>