But of course. : ) Just sounded like XmlSchema 1.0 was going to be declared based on the current code base and without any planning. I think there should be a plan in place for the release so anyone that wants to put in fixes or needs to put in enhancements has a time line defined.

Lawrence Mandel

Sanjiva Weerawarana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

02/07/2006 09:28 PM

Please respond to
woden-dev

commons-dev@ws.apache.org
cc
general@ws.apache.org, woden-dev@ws.apache.org, axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject
Re: XmlSchema/Axiom/Policy

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:39 -0500, Lawrence Mandel wrote:
> John Kaputin and I have found a few problems in XmlSchema while developing
> Woden [1]. We've fixed some but do have some outstanding issues such as
> adding a URI resolver framework and clearly defining an XmlSchema API
> capable of both reading and writing schemas. I'd be in favour of creating
> a 1.0 release plan with goals to resolve some of the major issues adopter
> projects such as Woden have as opposed to just declaring the current state
> as 1.0.

Can you guys help fix the problems please? I suggest opening up the
needed JIRAs, marking them as blockers for 1.0, fixing them and then
closing the issues :-).

Axis2 has been doing that for things that we've found .. and now Dan's
doing that for things he has found. So if everyone does their bit this
critical common component will become a reality!

Sanjiva.