Ok, time to move on. Thanks for all the feedback! Here's how I would
like to continue:

- I'm going to finish a few left-overs in the FOP branch first.
- Then I'll extract the basic package (excluding the WMF and SVG plugins)
into a temporary XML Graphics Commons branch.
        - The JCL dependency will remain and will therefore be added to
        XG Commons. The dependency on Java 1.4 will be cemented due to
        the heavy use of the ImageIO API (javax.imageio).
- I'll write some basic documentation on the features and usage of the
new package.
- When that is done, I'll call for a vote to merge the image library
into Trunk.

That gives everyone another chance to review what I've built and to
intervene if necessary.

Jeremias Maerki