Am 13.12.2007 um 09:23 schrieb Jeremias Maerki:
On 13.12.2007 07:46:14 The Web Maestro wrote:
[...]
On the logging front, isn't it possible to code the Logging
dependencies such that you only load the Logging functionality if it's
needed/called?

Source code pre-processing. Shudder. Byte code magic. Hmm. :-/ Still,
I'm glad Java doesn't have "features" like C or ObjectPascal to
include/exclude code parts at compile time.

Being a complete outsider here (one of your actual _users_, yay!) and only having skimmed through the thread while catching up after a short vacation, have you considered using slf4j (http:// www.slf4j.org/)? I have no idea about the state that project is in and whether it suits your needs but it wasn't mentioned, yet (maybe for obvious reasons I have missed). I read that you're discussing converting your logging statements anyway, but _really_, just rushing here, it's already late in Germany :). I have used it a while ago in one of my own projects and on their page I just see that several Apache projects are using it :p. HTH, Thomas.