I corrected the monitor specs first, rebooted. No change. Then I changed the
driver to nv as Barry suggested, and resolution settings look great. Now, do
I leave it that way? I want to make sure I'm getting the full performance out
of my nvidia card.

It's a e-GeForce FX 5700LE, 256MB DDR AGP

in my xorg.conf, I notice that the line Boardname is "Unknown Board". Does
that matter, or is it just informational?

Thanks

--
Mark Creamer