I am having trouble updating kernal. the problem is with kernal
configuration. I am a newbee and dont know much about the kernal
configuration especially on Amd64. can some one please share there
kernal config for 2.6.9. I have had many failed attempts. i even tried
to use the old 2.6.7 config and did  make oldconfig . some how i am
not able to build a stable kernel.

thanks for the suggestion & quick reply.

-yogesh

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:04:39 +0100, Simon Stelling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yogesh Kanitkar wrote:
> > (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module!
> > (EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
> > (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
> > (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
> >

> > I am using linux on Amd64 Kernal 2.6.7-gentoo-r11. I might have
> > relatively new kernal header  installed.
>
> newer nvidia packages have problems with kernel <2.6.9 when you have SMP
> in the kernel. update your kernel and everything will work again :)
>
> > I know the exact same settings in xorg.conf was working fine with my
> > monitor. I think the problem happened after updating nvidia-kernal .
>
> Greetings,
>
> blubb
>
> --

-Yogesh Kanitkar