Esben Mose Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Revert to binutils-2.15.90.*, and all it well. At least, that did it for
me.

Hmm, this is strange, because I'm sure I just upgraded to PAM-0.78, with binutils 2.15.90.2-r4, and did it successfully.

I can't quite remember exactly how I did it (there were some problems), but
they involved something like recompiling cracklib, and symlinking a library
in /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib. Yes, my symlinks are borked because of an
intemperate xorg 6.8.2 upgrade, but I am living with it ... :)

Only some compiles have problems with 2.15.92.*.

Wouldn't adding -fPIC to the cracklib ebuild fix it ?