My company has recently purchased several ZNYX ZX274 network cards.
These cards are Four Channel, 10/100 PCI Adapters. They use Intel chipsets.

Unfortunately there exists no drivers for linux amd64 architecture.
There are 32bit drivers found at:
http://www.znyx.com/support/drivers/ZX374_drivers.htm but naturally
they wont compile under my amd64 system.

The driver itself is called znb.o and can be downloaded from ZNYX's
website. I spoke to support staff there but they told me they have
discontinued support and development for this series of cards.

The system I am running gentoo and have tried both 2.4.x and 2.6.x
kernels but no luck.

Does anyone know of a customised znb.o driver built for amd64?
Is there any chance of anyone modifying the source code of the driver
to compile under a amd64 system?

What suggestions would you have other than running in 32bit mode or
buying new network cards?

Help much appreciated.

Kosta

Kosta, I'll be happy to help you out as much as I can.

The drivers don't appear to be x86 specific. The problem is probably they're not coded correctly for 64bit.

After looking at the webpage and source code, it looks like these adapters might work with the existing Intel drivers that are currently in the kernel. Can you confirm this?