I'm trying to set up my machine to print to an external JetDirect device. It's
the kind with three parallel ports. My printer is attached to the Port No. 1,
so in TCP/IP terms, it's 192.168.1.30:9100

The JetDirect is on the same subnet. I can ping it, and I can establish a
telnet session from the PC.

I emerged cups, and was also able to go to the http://localhost:631
configuration page. That was before a recent emerge -D world update. Now I
can't get to the web page anymore, and when I try to print, my printer does
not show up in the list of available printers. I think I just need to start
over. What packages do I need to make sure I have? I tried following the
Gentoo cups instructions, but it doesn't deal with working with networked
printers. Thanks!

--
Mark Creamer