On Tuesday 15 March 2005 13:13, Mark Creamer wrote:
> I emerged cups, and was also able to go to the http://localhost:631
> configuration page. That was before a recent emerge -D world update. Now I
> can't get to the web page anymore, and when I try to print, my printer does
> not show up in the list of available printers. I think I just need to start
> over. What packages do I need to make sure I have? I tried following the
> Gentoo cups instructions, but it doesn't deal with working with networked
> printers. Thanks!

are you sure that cupsd is still running?
if not try to start it with `/etc/init.d/cupsd start` and if that fails check
the errorlog (/var/log/cups/error_log) why it fails

as for the JetDirect, I have one with only one port and its configuration is
simple:
 Device:  "AppSocket/HP JetDirect"
 Device URI: socket://<hostname or ipaddress>:9100/
 Make:  <your printer>

good luck,

 Rudmer