Hi!

Since I haven't posted here before I prolly should introduce myself a bit...
I am a senior software engineer (C, C++, Java, *nix shell scripting) working for Teligent AB in Sweden (www.teligent.se).
Have been using GNU/Linux since 1996 and the Gentoo distribution since spring 2003. In my spare time I am part of the sysadmin team of a local church, together with for instance (the CVS manual guy) Per Cederqvist.
I think that would suffice as a presentation...

Now to my question...
I am waiting for the last part of my new rig, hoping to spend this coming weekend installing gentoo 64-bit on it. This is my first attempt at amd64 and I am wondering if there are something else I need to think of except from the excellent instructions regarding amd64 found on the gentoo website.

I have the following hardware that will be part of the box:
Soltek SL-K890Pro motherboard
AMD Athlon64 3000+ s939 winchester CPU
GeIL Value 2x512Mb CL 2.5 memory
Enermax 350W PSU (1.5 year old from previous box)
WD Caviar 80Gb IDE disk (from previous box)
Aopen IDE DVD writer
SilverStone TJ-06 case
Gigabyte gForce 6600gt fanless PCIe graphics device (hopefully arriving today)

I guess my best bet is to re-install from scratch on the mentioned harddisk. Only keeping my data-partitions intact from previous athlon tbird optimized gentoo installation.

Hoping to get a smooth transition... to a quiter, cooler and faster system... ;-)
/Andreas