Probably not. Its usually [EMAIL PROTECTED] so I am guessing its
something like [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Log into a terminal on the ssh server and hostname will give you the info. On
my machine I get:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> hostname
server.cybercolloids.office
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> hostname -s
server
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> hostname -i
192.168.1.1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> hostname -d
cybercolloids.office

so for me it would be [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Also, from the remote machine, try

ping server.cybercolloids.office.

(adjust for your hostname) That should get a response. If it doesn't try ping
192.168.1.1 (adjust for your ip) to determine if its a lookup problem or
something else.

Does your ssh server run iptables? If so is it allowing ssh through?

iptables -L  from the server will give you a summary

Check your ssh server setup - normally on ssh servers root access is blocked
anyway. Try

cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep -i rootlog

my machine gives

#PermitRootLogin yes
PermitRootLogin no

which tells me someone as switched root logins off....no surprise

Kevin.