On Monday, 23 January 2006 22:08, Mark Haney wrote:
> For those with only 32-bit programs available (Flash is the big one,
> IMHO) there are special 32-bit binaries you can download and run without
> compiling.

I don't care for flash. I was more thinking of DivX and win32 codecs used by
Xine or transcode, as I would love to use the Opteron's power on such stuff.

> I would say the biggest pain I've ever found with
> any linux distro is video card drivers, especially the high performance
> ones or newer ones.  or maybe that's just me.  Good luck and if you need
> any help, I'll be glad to answer any questions.

I put my hopes in Nvidia. As to the questions, I'll fairly probably be back
with some as soon as the last parts of the machine arrive :)

Thanks

Frank Zappa