Homer Parker wrote:

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 13:30 -0800, Darren Grant wrote:
I'm currently looking to build a cost effective web/email server.

I'm considering using an ASUS A8N-E with an x939 Athlon 64 x2 3800+ 2Ghz processor. I'm also hoping to use RAID-1 over dual SATA2 drives. In researching gentoo and SATA2, I've come across numerous problems that people are experiencing with the 2005.1-r1live-cd install and the sata_nv driver and SATA in general. Has this been fixed? Does anyone have any advice for me?

        There's a livecd in /experimental that has kernel 2.6.14 on it that
might work better for you.

Excellent Homer, thanks... I'll grab that and try it right away. :)