On Tuesday 30 May 2006 23:43, Piotr Pruszczak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have real problem which graphic card to choose
> for 64-bit Linux
>
> It should perfectly work with dual-monitor configuration, my customer
> wants to try me to configure machine for uStation-J (Bentley GIS
> software)
>
> Price is NOT so important. Problem is this should WORK good @
> high-resolutions, full colours && optimum performance on 64-bit system.
>
> Do you have any ideas ??

Optimum performance means probably one with a dual dvi output. Then it
depends on what the customer actually wants. Is 3d performance important?
Is support for the latest features important? Basically there is the
choice between ati and nvidia chipsets. If you want 3d and dual monitor,
the 2048x2048 virtual screen limitation for the opensource ati driver
probably counts it out. I don't know whether that limit exists in the
closed driver, or in the nvidia driver. In maturity the nvidia closed
driver probably is better than the closed ati driver.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer