Optimum performance means probably one with a dual dvi output. Then it depends on what the customer actually wants. Is 3d performance important? Is support for the latest features important? Basically there is the choice between ati and nvidia chipsets. If you want 3d and dual monitor, the 2048x2048 virtual screen limitation for the opensource ati driver probably counts it out. I don't know whether that limit exists in the closed driver, or in the nvidia driver. In maturity the nvidia closed driver probably is better than the closed ati driver.

Does it mean, that probably NVidia GF 7600 256MB DDR3 with closed-source binary drivers is good choise??

On the other hand, I think - all community waits for open-source graphic card with dual DVI output && drivers in kernel ;)) - as many people start to look at Linux-based workstations for professional use..

Anybody knows WHEN it could be available? I heard the project was in development, estimated price was about 200Euros..

Paul

--
Piotr