On 7/6/06, Piotr Pruszczak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My question is, as this is dual-core processor - should I re-compile all
my world with "j3" option (it means j2+1 as I will have 1 more cpu) or not ?

No.  The -j option only affects the time it takes to compile, by
creating more threads during the compilation to use more processors.
It has absolutely 0 effect on the generated code.

However, you might want to investigate the USE flags nptl and nptlonly
if you don't have them set already, and make sure your kernel supports
SMP.

and - on the other hand - in your opinion this cpu will became cheaper
in close future?

My crystal ball says that PC components get cheaper all the time, and
you should just buy what you can afford when you need it.  I think I
paid about $900 for this exact CPU 7 months ago... :-<

-Richard