Daniel Iliev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skribis:
> Unfortunately I am not a C programmer and I can't be sure about how
> exactly PIC and prelink work.
> As far as I understood the mechanism (please, correct me if I'm wrong)
> prelink scans the executables to find which libs they load. Then it
> makes cache and when a program is started it uses already pre-loaded
> libs. So the program is ready for action faster.

What you are interested in, probably, is PIE: position-independent
executables. These look like shared libraries but are runnable
programs. These are easy to get using the version 3.4.x compiler and
‘hardenednossp’ specs. I suspect you will have more fun and fewer
headaches by using the 4.1.x compiler and no prelink. There are
already enough extra headaches in amd64 Gentoo, compared to x86
Gentoo! :)

--
Barry.SCHWARTZ at chemoelectric.org   http://chemoelectric.org
        Free stuff / Senpagaj varoj:  http://crudfactory.com (PDF)