On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 17:06 +0100, Denis Solaro wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:28:21 +0100
> Dieter Ries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > CLOCK="local"
>
> I did edit that to CLOCK="UTC" and it works in my case, but as you say the
> comments ontop of this line clearly state :
>
> # Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your system clock is set to UTC (also known as
> # Greenwich Mean Time).  If your clock is set to the local time, then
> # set CLOCK to "local".  Note that if you dual boot with Windows, then
> # you should set it to "local".

That warning has nothing to do with the CLOCK= line.  It's related to
the TIMEZONE= line, which is new in recent baselayout.  It replaces
symlinking /etc/localtime as the way to set the timezone.  If you didn't
merge in changes to /etc/conf.d/clock when you updated baselayout, you
won't have the correct section.  Paste it from here, or re-emerge
baselayout and re-run etc-update:

# Select the proper timezone.  For valid values, peek inside of the
# /usr/share/zoneinfo/ directory.  For example, some common values are
# "America/New_York" or "EST5EDT" or "Europe/Berlin".

TIMEZONE="America/Detroit"

Daniel