On Tuesday 27 February 2007 15:10:21 Martins wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 16:54:10 Mark Haney wrote:
> > I've got a warning (or error) when I boot up or shot down saying that
> > /etc/conf.d/clock is still set to 'Factory'.  However, when I look at
> > that file it actually set to 'local'.  Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> same here, i think that warning shows when 'local' is set

No, it comes from some silly logic that says "if I don't have a recognisable
timezone set, I'll complain that it's set to Factory, even though it
isn't."

When I started getting this erroneous error message I had to insert this
manually in /etc/conf.d/clock:

# Put in speculatively by PRH after silly error message during boot:
TIMEZONE="Europe/London"

Yes, I did run etc-update, as I do after every emerge that warns of the need
to. I thought of raising a bug report, but didn't in the end. Sometimes I
wonder at the thought processes whose results I see.

--
Rgds
Peter