I recently upgrade my kernel from 2.6.17 to 2.6.19.  I also upgraded hal
to 0.5.7.1-r3, emul-linux libraries, and some other packages.

I can run vmware-player just fine and my install of XP will run in it,
but all the text is just little boxes.  Luckily, I remember the
important ones (exit, how to focus and release focus, etc), but I cannot
change any options now.

Has anyone else run into this?  Is it perhaps the emulation libraries
being a problem?

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.