Michael George wrote:
> I can run vmware-player just fine and my install of XP will run in it,
> but all the text is just little boxes.  Luckily, I remember the
> important ones (exit, how to focus and release focus, etc), but I cannot
> change any options now.
>
> Has anyone else run into this?  Is it perhaps the emulation libraries
> being a problem?

Yes - I ran into this with mozilla-firefox-bin (which also seems to have broken
Flash 9) and mplayer-bin a couple of days ago.  This morning I ran an emerge -C
to uninstall all of the packages, re-sync'd my Portage tree, and re-emerged
everything.  Because I'm not in the same physical location as that box, though,
I can't test it yet.  I'll try it tonight after I get home from work, though,
and post my results.

--

The Doctor [412/724/301/703]

WWW: http://drwho.virtadpt.net/