On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 19:26 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Is there anyway to enable win32codecs on my AMD64 machine?
>
> I tried adding it in package.use but it still shows up like
> (-win32codecs) when I loko at emerging a package like mplayer.
>
> Maybe there is some way to build mplayer as a 32-bit app and be able to use
> it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

If you're not married to the idea of using mplayer, vlc works well on an
amd64 and plays pretty much every file format I've ever come across.  I
haven't installed any binary packages, so I'm fairly certain it's 64bit.
The next question being how do they manage to use a 32bit codec(wmv) in
a 64bit package.. Not a clue.

Hope this helps