le Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:58:45 -0400
"B. Nice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit:

> On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 19:26 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> If you're not married to the idea of using mplayer, vlc works well on an
> amd64 and plays pretty much every file format I've ever come across.  I
> haven't installed any binary packages, so I'm fairly certain it's 64bit.

It _is_ 64 bits. Besides, vlc can use your hardware acceleration chipsets,
whereas mplayer can't (it's a software-rendering player). And confirming what
you mention, I was surprised to notice that vlc can play wma and such without
the need for win32codecs. The only thing I'm using mplayer for, is re-encoding
tecplot's avi exports, which don't seem to work with vlc.