Jason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Wed, 29 Aug 2007 10:18:57 -0400:

> Also, when compiling X.org/mesa/drm from source, it builds the kernel
> modules drm.ko and i915.ko.  What package does that in gentoo?

That's the kernel, AFAIK.  Under Device Drivers > Character Devices, I'm
guessing (don't have your chipset) Intel ... I8xx ... chipset support
(for i915.ko) and Direct Rendering Manager ... (for drm.ko, I use this
but have it configured as built-in not module, and the help text doesn't
say what the module name is, so again, can't say for sure).

The options are CONFIG_AGP_INTEL and CONFIG_DRM.

FWIW, I don't use Gentoo's kernel packages, choosing instead to get my
(vanilla Linus mainline) kernel directly from kernel.org and use my own
series of signature verify, build and install helper scripts, so those
options are in the mainline kernel, and should be in Gentoo's kernel
packages as well.  (For the Gentoo tree's kernel package dependency
purposes I package.provided a Gentoo kernel package.)