On Sunday 28 October 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Sunday 28 Oct 2007, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> > I'd say the second partition is only a problem if the first is "seen" by
> > Winblow - that is if it has any filesystem readable by it.
>
> I have /dev/hda1 ext2, /dev/hda2 ext2, /dev/hda3 HPFS, then various logical
> partitions up to /dev/hda12. /dev/hda4 is the extended partition. Grub
> cannot start Win XP. I don't see how that fits this theory.
>
> --
> Rgds
> Peter.
> Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93

Where is XP? If you really mean HPFS (OS/2?) then XP will see HPFS as drive C,
I guess. Another point is: how did you create you partitions. I can't say
why, but I've experienced that Winblow/DOS tools seem to "name " partitions
(C,D,E) and Winblow keeps seeing them as C,D,E even if you reformat them from
Linux.

Thierry