Hi Peter,
on Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 11:04:13AM +0100, you wrote:
> You could always allocate another swap partition. One of my boxes has 4 2GB
> partitions on different disks, though that's far more than I need.

You still get the benefit of automatic striping so if they're on
independent channels you have roughly four times the swap throughput.
I have two 500G disks, mirrored in a software-RAID0 on all partitions
but swap which is on two separate 16G partitions.

cheers,
        Matthias

--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665