Hi Richard,
on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 02:08:26PM -0400, you wrote:
> Note that in such a situation if either disk fails you're likely to end up
> with a panic when your swap device isn't accessible.  If uptime is a
> concern mirrored swap is better (but slower).
>
> Of course, if you're running on consumer hardware chances are that computer
> is going to fail if a drive hangs up in any case - most motherboards don't
> handle drive failures gracefully, but server-class hardware usually
> isolates drives so that a drive failure doesn't take down the system.

True, that's a risk I figured I could live with. It's actually a server
board but in a regular tower case and w/o hot-swappable drives, and I'm
not controlling my iron lung with it :)

cheers,
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665