Richard Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:53:51 -0500:

> Let's be nice.  I'll confess I often don't read everything duncan types,

> For those topics I'm interested in I find his perspective helpful.  Even
> if I don't always agree with everything he posts there is often some
> useful stuff in there.  I still use his CFLAGS 80% of the time.

Thanks...

> Regardless, your post would have stood just fine on its own without the
> personal attacks.

That applies to me to some extent as well.  It wasn't obviously personal
as I kept it generally worded and allowed exceptions for X in default
(just not in boot), but I could have cushioned it with an explicit
disclaimer to the effect that it was /not/ targeted at anyone
specifically and was simply my opinion.

IOW, maybe my post didn't go to the personal attack degree his did, but I
did sort of ask for it as it could have been worded better even if saying
the same thing, and could/should really learn something from the results
of the exchange as well.