> I did that, and I do have a few KDE things in world.  My question is,
> how do I fix that?  I am nervous about editing /var/lib/portage/world
> directly.  Is there some other, better way?

Don't be nervous about it, I've been doing it for a long time. :)  Make
a backup copy before though, just to be sure.

And don't remove all KDE stuff from world, just the 4.2 versioned ones
(like kde-base/kde-meta:4.2).

Actually, I did not know there was a wiki page about it, so after
meeting the blocks, I just removed all KDE-4.2 packages and installed
kde-meta:4.3.

Akos