On 09/16/2010 12:29 AM, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
I run firefox-bin with a large applet that plays music and other sounds.
I have it started via KDE run 'aoss firefox-bin'.
When the applet is running I can't get sound in mplayer.
If I exit the applet, while firefox is still running, I can then get sounds.
Is there a way to get sound in the applet and mplayer at the same time?

Firefox supports ALSA, so you don't need aoss.

Are you on amd64? If so, make sure you have the emul-linux-x86-soundlibs package installed and don't use aoss.