Allan Wegan posted on Mon, 17 Apr 2017 22:31:36 +0200 as excerpted:

>> Please turn off the HTML posts.
>
> His post is a multipart message containing an additional plaintext
> version. If you saw the HTML version, your client is broken or
> misconfigured.

My client presented both versions as plain text, as arguably it should
(because some broken clients don't send an appropriate plain text version
if they're sending an HTML message).

But HTML when presented as such in mail or news is simply a vulnerability
vector waiting to be exploited, and plenty of senders do just that with
spyware (web bugs being the simplest) and malware.

So no responsible person will allow HTML mail to be processed and
displayed as such on their machines, which in turn means no responsible
person should choose to send it.

Of course there's also the argument that some on the list may be paying
by the MB/GB, and sending HTML alone, and even more /both/ HTML and plain
text, bloats the message and thus the price they pay.

Both of these for no reason but selfishness and the want to abuse others
just because one can, or in best case (which I believe this was), because
the sender simply didn't care enough about their readers to actually
check and see, before sending.