On Thursday 20 January 2005 12:33, Roman Gaufman wrote:
> KFontInstall control module got disabled from compilation
> because of missing FreeType 2.x libraries/headers.
> You can download the freetype library from http://www.freetype.org/.
>
> ^^^
> is that supposed to happen? -- I have freetype-2.1.5-r1 emerged.
Assuming you weren't installing kcontrol...
Lots of ebuilds display errors like that, which are harmless. They're there
because we only extract parts of the source tree. The configure check for
freetype actually belongs to another package in the same module (in this
case, kcontrol); the makefiles from whatever package you're actually building
don't check the result of the configure freetype test.

We should take the time to get rid of those messages at some point; they're
harmless.

Of course, if you're actually emerging kcontrol, that's a bug :-) In which
case I haven't encountered it, so please bug us.

--
Dan Armak
Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)