On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 03:25:59AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 28 January 2005 11:13 pm, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > The problem comes down to the fact that the patches for MySQL/LDAP are
> > _very_ extensive, so much so that it's impossible to see where to put
> > some of the other patches, even when merging by hand.
> so why not force local USE flags:
> USE=qmail-mysql
> USE=qmail-ldap
As I noted, they are generally treated as forks elsewhere, and I follow
the same here.

When combined with the other patches we use, you basically end up with
3 totally separate sets of patches (due to the human rediff work needed)
for the same original source.

By applying your argument to kernels, we could have USE=kernel-mm
USE=kernel-ac etc. and I'm sure that really wouldn't go down well.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [EMAIL PROTECTED]