Aaron Walker wrote:
<snip>
> In the case that I need this for (the eclectic profiles module), it'd be much
> better IMO to be able to show valid profiles for a certain arch since a valid
> profile for sparc is obviously not a valid profile for x86.
>
> Having a format of something like:
>
> alpha default-linux/alpha/2004.3
> alpha default-linux/alpha/2005.0
> x86   default-linux/x86/2004.3
>
> would be ideal IMO.
>
> comments?

Is there a need for a seperate column? Would it not be eaiser to parse
the profile name to extract that information. This would then allow you
to search for all profiles that are valid for eg x86 BSD or alpha linux.
Are there any situations where the arch and/or OS are not in the profile
path? From a quick glance the non-default profiles (hardened, uclibc,
embedded etc) do not specify a -linux in the profile which would mean
either dropping the OS query, putting an OS column in or changing the
profiles (which has the advantage of making them more consistant).

--
Jerome Brown
Technology Architect

P: +64  3 961-5116
M: +64 29 453 7663
F: +64  3 961-5129
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: http://www.hub.net.nz/
O: Level 4, 818 Colombo St, Christchurch, New Zealand
S: PO Box 1879, Christchurch, New Zealand