On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 10:42 -0600, Jason Wever wrote:

> OK, let's review this again.
>
> If you cannot test a given ebuild on a given arch, then don't touch that
> arch's keyword (unless you need to remove it for broken dependencies).
>
> If you can test for a given arch and are not part of that arch team,
> please please please let the arch teams know that before you go around
> keywording things arbitrarily.  It makes the baby Jesus cry when you don't
> and really isn't the greatest from a QA perspective either.

Sorry folks this was my fault. I've sent my grovelling apology to the
sparc team. Hopefully they'll accept my apologies and put my digressions
down to me being a new dev. :-)

Actually I did do fairly thorough testing / QA but I didn't tell the
arch team before keywording (bad me!).

In case anyone is interested; this is about the Haskell packages which I
hope to get up to scratch on sparc (with the consent and approval of the
sparc team in future!)

Duncan