yes, it's finally that time ... after months of hearing us say 'we want to get
new baselayout stable asap', we're serious

so can people please try out baselayout-1.11.12-r2+ and see if they notice any
regressions ?  the 'best' tests are simply rebooting and seeing if your
system comes up :)

common gotchas:
- many config options have moved from /etc/rc.conf into /etc/conf.d/ files
- /etc/hostname and /etc/*domainname have been moved into /etc/conf.d/ files
- the net scripts have been completely rewritten thanks to UberLord ... old
config styles should work fine, but it's best if you update
your /etc/conf.d/net syntax ... just review /etc/conf.d/net.example or this

somethings to note ...
regressions with lvm/lvm2/evms will not be considered ... they have had all
their code forked into the respective packages and thus are no longer part of
baselayout ... bugs with those packages should be taken up with their
respective maintainers
-mike