Roy Marples posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
excerpted below,  on Thu, 26 May 2005 13:22:43 +0100:

> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 02:08 -0700, Duncan wrote:
>> Hmm..  I /did/ have issues with parallel startup a couple revisions
>> back. I had disabled that and haven't reenabled it yet.  I suppose I
>> should do that and bug it now, if it still fails.  It /was/ working at
>> one point.
>
> There may still be issues with parallel startup. It doesn't really startup
> in parallel and it's not much faster, so if any bugs do come up then we'll
> probably recommend turning it off.
>
> baselayout-1.12.0-alpha3 will have much improved parallel startup thanks
> to Paul Pacheco patch (bug #69854) which is essentially a re-write of the
> code so we're not that interested in fixing parallel startup in
> baselayout-1.11.x at this time.

OK, cool!  Gives me an excuse to not worry about it for a bit longer.  <g>
(I had found pretty much exactly what you mentioned, that it wasn't much
faster anyway, the reason I hadn't squawked when it failed and I had to
turn it off.)

That's good, since I read I have new KDE to worry about next week, and
I've a couple things to trace b4 then (unsermake doesn't seem to be
engaging, here, for some reason, and it'd be real nice if I could figure
out how to get the old configcache patch working (locally, anyway) again
with the split sandbox, since the portage upgrade with that integrated
doesn't seem to be on the immediate horizon.)