On Thursday 26 May 2005 00:37, Duncan wrote:
> Marcus D. Hanwell posted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, excerpted
>
> below,  on Wed, 25 May 2005 17:48:20 +0100:
> > I have just committed a fix to kde.eclass and kde-meta.eclass that
> > disables visibility support in KDE 3.4 (thanks to FlameEyes for the
> > patches). This was a new feature in KDE 3.4 which has caused at least one
> > obvious bug, and possibly others that are less obvious[1].
>
> [note the cross-posting]
>
> That isn't going to kill it for gcc-4.0.1-snapshots, right, only gcc-3.4?
> I'll be rather unhappy if the speed increases I've been attributing to
> that visibility support under gcc4, disappear! =8^(

It seems that this has already been answered, but the KDE bug contains some
more of the detail. It looks like KDE 3.5/4 is the target for getting proper
visibility support. We haven't taken this decision lightly, and I believe it
is the best option we have for a stable desktop.

KDE/QT 4 should have much improved visibility support, and I will be testing
them once it is workable and I have a little spare time
--
Gentoo Linux Developer
Scientific Applications | AMD64 | KDE | net-proxy