On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 04:32:32AM +0200, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
> Sure, spliting that will produce a bit of code duplication. It's
> a bit less readable imho, but that's really just a cosmetic
> issue:
> src_configure() {
>         econf  || die
>       if use foo ; then
>               cd "${S}/foo-plugin"
>               econf || die
>       fi
> }
>
> src_compile() {
>       emake  || die
>       if use foo ; then
>               cd "${S}/foo-plugin"
>               emake || die
>       fi
> }

> I've also searched for some more problematic ebuilds, like some
> which would configure & build the same source several times
> (x11-libs/wxGTK maybe, also i'm not really sure) or some which
> would first configure and build a libfoo/ subtree, and then
> configure and build the main program (did not found any of that
> kind, but i would not be surprised some exists).
I know know stuff that NEEDS this:
cd $S
econf && emake || die
cd $S/plugin/$foo
econf && emake || die

and the stuff in $bar/plugin/$foo REQUIRES that $S be built first.

But as a possible fix for this, we could break out the plugin to a new
package.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [EMAIL PROTECTED]