Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:

That will be very very interesting but... but not everything uses ./configure, so we should add a bunch of dummy src_configure, and a call to econf || die "" for those packages not fixed to use that will return a bunch of erroneous packages not compiling.

I know some packages off the top of my head, like Perl and OpenSSL use their own odd variants of configure. There are likely many others.

Kernel ebuilds probably need special treatment, as they don't really go through a configure and compile phase.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond