Hi,

I have finally had enough of how slow it is compared to for example the
"prelink -amR" command which does about the same task in terms of
difficulty!

So I have started making a small C program which does the
"Checking dynamic linking consistency..." part of the revdep-rebuild
program (I think this the the most time intensive part).

This program can then be called by the script.

So far all I see the program needing to do is
read /root/.revdep-rebuild.1_files and
use /root/.revdep-rebuild.2_ldpath as the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and write any bad files to /root/.revdep-rebuild.3_rebuild

Any other LD_?? env variables I would need to consider?

Also anyone have any opinions or caveats I should take into account?

Thanks,

Stefan

--
Stefan Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>