On Saturday 13 August 2005 09:01 pm, Stefan Jones wrote:
> So I have started making a small C program which does the
> "Checking dynamic linking consistency..." part of the revdep-rebuild
> program (I think this the the most time intensive part).

i've already contacted fuzzray about utilizing two packages solar put together
(and can be found in portage already):
pax-utils: scanelf
portage-utils: qfile

with scanelf, you can quickly build a list of all the files an ELF needs to
run ... with qfile, you can identify the package the ELF belongs to

both packages are written in C and imho, are quite fast
-mike