On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:08:51AM -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Brian Harring wrote:
> | Kind of curious about people's opinion on the IUSE default use flag
> | thing, initial syntax was (using the above example)
> | IUSE="+client server"
> | with client defaulting to on unless the user's config disables it-
> | note, strictly enabling from IUSE, no auto-negation.
> | I forgot to add this, but it's a 10 line change if people still view
> | it as worthwhile.
>
> Yes, very. Saves us from hacky local USE flag handling by naming them
> no* or adding them to profiles.
Which then raises the question of whether or not -* in a users USE
should disable it.
I say no, since -* is mainly for killing off auto-use crap and
profiles.

Note that explicitly disabling a flag (-client fex) would disable the
default use there; question is whether or not some form of -* should
exist for default IUSE; the existing -* is profile/autouse specific,
and sholdn't be reused for disabling default IUSE imo.
yay/nay?
~harring