Mark Loeser wrote:
Paul de Vrieze wrote:

I think that dev-util is a very specific category containing development utilities of some sort. There might be some misclassifications in them, but from a user perspective I don't really care about the language anything is written in. As C++ is so widespread I don't think that anything but app-misc or the like should be moved into a dev-cpp category.

This isn't for what the package is written in, but more for what the package is for. If the package is a utility for use when doing coding with C++, like the ones I listed, then I think it should be in dev-cpp. That's what the metadata for the category describes it to be.

Mark

Once again I'd like to point out that organizing packages in the tree by category is a stupid idea for this very reason.