On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 18:59 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> Please note: if in one week or a bit more nobody steps up for maintaining
> XMMS
> in portage, I'll start a phase out of XMMS itself, this means closing all its
> new plugins' ebuilds as WONTFIX, and then starting masking plugins with bugs
> open to remove them.

Umm... WTF?  Is XMMS inherently broken or something?  Is upstream dead?
Are there huge security bugs on it?  If not, then you shouldn't go
removing it.  I know that I'd be pretty pissed if my favorite multimedia
application suddenly disappeared.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead