Aron Griffis wrote:
> Back in July the Java team proposed fixing its ebuilds to respect the
> USE=browserplugin instead of USE=mozilla, a worthwhile change.  During
> the course of the discussion, it became clear that the existing
> USE=nsplugin was more appropriate.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org/msg02898.html
>
> Unfortunately the discussion stagnated and the Java team went ahead
> with their original suggestion.
>
> At this point I think it would still be worthwhile to repair these
> ebuilds to respect USE=nsplugin and drop the browserplugin from
> use.local.desc.  Comments?

Well I have no problem with changing it again, but our user base might
get a little tired. At least we should put a lot of information out
about the change before going forward with it. We currently still have
the mozilla use flags in the ebuilds and I would not like to see three
different use flags for browser plugins in the ebuilds. Something like a
USE flag move would be a nice feature for portage (to update
/etc/portage/package.use).

Regards,
Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse)